Why Radiant Heat Is a Sensible and Stylish Choice
Radiant heat technology is nothing new, and though this form of heating has never truly disappeared, it is now enjoying a resurgence in popularity. Unlike more modern heating systems for homes and commercial spaces, radiant heat does not force air to circulate throughout the space. Instead, it usually makes use of a boiler or a water heater connected to the device, where the radiant energy then rises and warms the floors, air, and objects in the same room.
The reason why many homeowners have passed up on radiant heating recently is because traditional heaters give a sense of being utilitarian and old, and because they take up precious space. But with the MHS radiators, this is no longer the case. Before we dive into the many different styles of radiators available today, let’s first look at the benefits.
Why Radiant Heat Systems Trump Conventional Methods
There are a number of key benefits that come with choosing a radiant heat system.
- An Increase in Comfort: No other type of heating system can match the comfort which radiant heating delivers. Many have described radiant heat as being the same as how they feel when being warmed by the sun. Radiant heat warms your furniture and your floors, meaning you can comfortably walk barefoot throughout the home on even the coldest of days.
- A Cleaner Heat: Because radiant heating systems do not force air on you, they are more hypo-allergenic than other heating systems. This type of heating will not distribute dust, pollen, bacteria, and other allergens throughout your home.
- More Energy Efficient: It is estimated that up to 30% of forced air heating is lost because of old or shoddy ductwork. Radiators deliver all of the heat you need every time.
- A Quiet Type of Heat: Another problem with forced air heating is that these systems can be incredibly loud. Radiant heating appliances are whisper-quiet, making your home more peaceful and serene.
- Increased Versatility: Radiant heaters can make use of a variety of fuel sources to heat your home, including oil boilers, wood-fired boilers, gas boilers, and solar water heaters.
- An Attractive Choice: Unlike duct-based heating systems, radiant heating systems will not only increase the warmth and comfort of your home but can also make it more attractive.
How Radiant Heaters Can Improve the Appearance of Your Home
Today’s radiators are nowhere close to the old fashioned style of radiator, and they do not need to take up any precious floor space within the home. There is a whole industry which focuses on providing designer radiators. Some of these designs include:
- Architectural radiators
- Flat panel radiators
- Low-level radiators
- Mirrored radiators
- Radiators made of various materials (such as aluminium, stainless steel, cast iron and chrome)
Depending on your needs and the architecture of the home, radiator professionals can help you choose the right radiator to not only warm your home, but also to improve its overall appearance.