Modern society seems to breed crime and for the Australian homeowner, home security cannot be ignored, and a quick browse through the local newspaper will confirm that many homes are the victims of burglary. If you are in agreement that your home security is not what it could be, let’s examine your options in this article.
- Video Surveillance – To be honest, CCTV is more of a deterrent than a protective measure, and although video footage can be used as evidence in a court of law, there must be a clear view of the intruder’s face in order for identification. If the burglar has his wits about him, he can easily conceal his facial features, and more and more criminals are becoming aware of this. Simply put, a few CCTV cameras certainly leaves a lot to chance and with technology not always reliable, it makes sense to actually install a physical barrier on all your access points.
- Security Windows and Doors – The ultimate in home security is to have heavy duty mesh screens put over your windows and doors, and when a potential intruder sees the set up, he simply moves on, not wanting to tackle such a barrier, after all, there are still many unprotected homes out there, and your average burglar is looking for an easy touch. Whether you need screen doors in Bunbury or Mandurah, all it takes is an online search to locate an experienced home security company.
- Infra Red Alarms – One needs to be a real techie to be able to use such a system and these alarm systems are from from perfect. The family dog, for example, can easily trigger a downstairs room alarm, and if you want to keep on the right side of your neighbours, having your alarm go off in the middle of the night will not help.
- Exterior Lighting – There are those who mistakenly believe that all it takes is a few LED lights that automatically come on when they sense movement, and while this might be a good idea, it offers very little in the way of protection. Most break ins occur during the daylight hours, and any form of lighting will have little or no effect should a burglar wish to force entry. Home security is not something to take a chance on, and of all the available security systems, security mesh is the most cost effective solution, and this barrier will be enough to deter even the hardiest of criminals.
- Neighbourhood Watch – This is a great idea, but it isn’t something you can rely on. What if your neighbours just happen to be away, or they are all out and about? If you want a security system that does not rely on good fortune, install special security mesh on the windows and doors and nothing or no one will be able to force entry.
If you would like to know more about security screens, an online search will put you in touch with a local expert, and with his help, your home security issues are a thing of the past.